[TUHS] Masscomp oops [was: Any Good dmr Anecdotes?]

Mike Markowski mike.ab3ap at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 12:27:38 AEST 2018

On 06/29/2018 09:31 PM, Larry McVoy wrote:
> [...] (I was not a wizard but I've lived through, and
> written up, the process of restoring a Masscomp after having done some
> variant of rm -rf / so a stupid wizard wanna be?)

That reminds me of preparing a Masscomp to bring out in the field for
radar data acquisition.  After some minor incident, I needed to run an
fsck when a cute, slender gal came into the lab.  In my flustered state
hoping to start a witty conversation I typed mkfs...  Unfortunately, no
wizards around, let alone dmr, to save the day - which turned into a
very late day.  On the plus side, I ended up marrying the girl.

Mike Markowski