[TUHS] unix "awesome list"

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Wed May 9 06:48:28 AEST 2018

On Tue, 8 May 2018, Larry McVoy wrote:

> vim, on the other hand, oh do I love me some vim.  It's pretty faithful
> to the original vi but you get split windows, infinite undo, it
> remembers stuff from one invocation to the next, it's pretty sweet.

Oh, I love VIM too, but I wish it had an "idiot" mode i.e. ignore any
fumbled keys that did something strange and how do I get out of here
because suddenly I see two windows when I meant to simply quit...

--
Dave Horsfall BSc DTM (VK2KFU) -- FuglySoft -- Gosford IT -- Unix/C/Perl (AbW)
People who fail to / understand security / surely will suffer. (tks: RichardM)