[TUHS] Old Usenet newsreader source code?

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Wed May 9 07:56:49 AEST 2018

On 05/08/2018 02:01 PM, Bakul Shah wrote:
> Back in 1989 timeframe I used to get a pretty complete feed via uucp and
> maintain locally with cnews. Recently I tried using "fetchnews" recently
> for that purpose (for the groups I want) since eternal-september is a
> bit slow but something went wrong.

Do you want a UUCP (bag) feed again?

I provided UUCP "bag" feed to one of my peers on the first server I ran.
  I'd be happy to do so again.

  - UUCP "bag" files pushed / pulled via SCP / SFTP.
     - Could probably be done over email too.
  - UUCP over SSH
  - UUCP over TCP port 540)
  - Secure UUCP TCP port 4031)

Obviously:

  - NNTP over TCP port 119
  - Secure NNTP over TCP port 563

I'm also willing to hear about other creative options too.

  - VPN
     - IPSec
     - SSL / TLS
     - WireGuard