[TUHS] Fwd: Old Unix manuals, TMs, etc

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Thu May 24 04:47:36 AEST 2018

On 05/23/2018 12:39 PM, Mike Markowski wrote:
> I contacted Mel and hope to hear back.  …
> …  Someone else might have already been in touch,  …

I emailed Mel directly and expressed interest in the following books:

  · The M4 Marco Processor
  · SED - A Non-Interactive Text Editor
  · Awk - A pattern Scanning and Processing Language
  · Yacc: Yet Another Compiler-Compiler
  · RATFOR - A Preprocessor for a Rational Fortran

Here's my comment as to why I'm interested in the aforementioned titles.

> I am interested in the following items if they are unclaimed.  I used
> sed and awk on a daily basis.  I also have what some would consider
> an unhealthy interest in M4.  I've written things in M4 that some
> might say become their own markup language for config files.  Which is
> reminiscent of what I think YACC is supposed to be, hence my interest
> in that Technical Memorandum, to learn more.  RATFOR, likewise.

The only title that I'd *really* /like/ to get my hands on is "The M4
Macro Processor".  (See aforementioned unhealthy interest in M4.)

I'm quite happy to share with the community.  I just want to save the
materials from the bin if nobody else claims them.

Note:  I've not heard anything back from Mel yet.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die