[TUHS] YP / NIS / NIS+ / LDAP

Larry McVoy lm at mcvoy.com
Mon Nov 5 13:49:40 AEST 2018

I'm really tired (been crabbing all day and got 2 crabs, 7 pots, 5 hour soak,
got 2, sucked).

And I know very little about LDAP.

But I did do a sort of vnode/file system switch answer to this problem,
we called it lamed, I'll try and find you some docs in the morning.

We built a server that could take requests in any form and spit back
the answer.  My goal was to have a 200mhz MIPS server serve up this info
for the entire state of California, perform well, and work across reboots.
We pretty much did it.

--
---