[TUHS] YP / NIS / NIS+ / LDAP

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Mon Nov 5 16:12:05 AEST 2018

On 11/04/2018 08:49 PM, Larry McVoy wrote:
> I'm really tired (been crabbing all day and got 2 crabs, 7 pots, 5 hour
> soak, got 2, sucked).

I'm sorry the day wasn't as productive as you had hoped.  Here's hoping
that you at least got to spend some quality time with good friends.  In
between all the hard work.  ;-)

> And I know very little about LDAP.

I know very little.  But it's enough to know that I think learning more
and / or dealing with it is going to be annoying.

> But I did do a sort of vnode/file system switch answer to this problem,
> we called it lamed, I'll try and find you some docs in the morning.
>
> We built a server that could take requests in any form and spit back
> the answer.  My goal was to have a 200mhz MIPS server serve up this info
> for the entire state of California, perform well, and work across reboots.
> We pretty much did it.

That sounds very intriguing.  I'd be interested to hear more about it.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die