[TUHS] /crp

Mary Ann Horton mah at mhorton.net
Fri Nov 9 02:55:57 AEST 2018

I recall at Berkeley on the VAX we had a /crp filesystem, and it was for
"crap" we didn't want to delete but wasn't very important.  I didn't
realize it was inspired by Research.

At some point someone decided it would be nicer to rename it /arch as an
"archive".

I still have a /arch on my personal machine, for stuff that's large and
(almost) never changes, so it doesn't need to be backed up daily.  It
lives on one of those external backup hard disks, and there are two of
them, so one can be stored offsite.

     Mary Ann