[TUHS] SunOS code?

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Wed Sep 5 03:58:04 AEST 2018

    > From: Henry Bent

    > just because you can find source (or binaries, or CD images, etc.) on
    > the internet, that doesn't make it the least bit legal. ... The concept
    > of "abandonware" has no legal footing whatsoever.

True; but if all the copies of a particular item are discarded, one can make
all the lawyers on the planet as happy as clams, and it won't do a bit of
good. Save the bits, _then_ work out the legal issues, is my thinking on
priorities.

     Noel

(PS: 'Internet' is spelled with a capital; there are many internets, but only
one Internet, just as there are many white houses, but only one White House. If
the technical community, which _does_ understand the difference, can't get it's
act together, how can we expect the media, etc, to do the right thing?)