[TUHS] ISO, OSI, and DECnet (was Re: If not Linux, then what?)

Kurt H Maier khm at sciops.net
Thu Aug 29 04:17:27 AEST 2019

On Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 10:24:51AM -0700, Larry McVoy wrote:

> The great Mike Padlipski said "do you want protocols that look nice or
> protocols that work nice?" in his fantastic book Elements of Networking
> Style [*].

This book taught me as much about navigating bureaucracy and the warning
signs of impending death-by-committee as it did about networking.  I
keep a copy on my shelf at the office and annoy my staff with it
regularly.  It's also a wonderful time capsule that provides a lot of
context about how we got where we are.

khm