[TUHS] Blit source

Angelo Papenhoff aap at papnet.eu
Thu Dec 19 16:49:14 AEST 2019

On 18/12/19, Mike Haertel wrote:
> The V8 tape has the Blit stuff in /usr/blit, and the 5620 stuff
> in /usr/jerq.  The Blit stuff looks somewhat older, and doesn't
> have exactly the same graphics library functions as the 5620.

My theory on that is that the up-to-date version of the code was kept in
/usr/jerq. When the 68k implementation became legacy, the code was
copied to /usr/blit and /usr/jerq became the directory for the new
development. And just to make it more interesting V10 has a 630
directory presumably for the 68k based 630 MTG.

Anyway, both the 68k and 32000 blit stuff is on the v8 tape (at least
binaries) and both work. 68k is running fine under emulation, 32000 is
running fine on real hardware (if you have the right ROM).

aap