[TUHS] Deleted lib1 and lib2 in v6, recoverable?

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Wed Jan 2 23:54:15 AEST 2019

arnold at skeeve.com <arnold at skeeve.com> wrote:
> Norman Wilson <norman at oclsc.org> wrote:
>
> > But in practice I don't know anyone who uses ar for anything except
> > libraries any more
>
> I know one person. Brian Kernighan maintains an archive of his awk test
> suite using ar.  Or rather, he did until recently, when I got him to
> move to using tar a few months ago. :-)

It's also handy for fiddling around with Debian packages:

$ ar t /var/cache/apt/archives/dpkg_1.18.25_amd64.deb
debian-binary
control.tar.gz
data.tar.xz
$

Tony.
Rattray Head to Berwick upon Tweed: West or northwest 3 or 4, becoming
variable 3 or less, becoming west or southwest 3 or 4 later. Rough at first
near Rattray Head and Berwick-upon-Tweed, otherwise slight or moderate.
Showers at first. Good.