[TUHS] Floppy to modern files for Usenet maps

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Wed Jul 10 08:44:52 AEST 2019

On 7/9/19 4:01 PM, Mary Ann Horton Gmail wrote:
> Thank you, Grant!

You're welcome.

> I have added these to the archive on stargatemuseum.org/maps.  I will
> add images from Henry as well.

I'm doing some digging on this.  I'm curious to learn how the data gets
used.  My intention, if possible, is to take the most recent data from
the UUCP mapping project (currently September '98) and see if it's
possible to build updated data sets to generate maps from.  }:-)

I'm guessing that the data from the #N, #O, and #L lines will help with
this.  :-D

I do see multiple blank #L lines in the data I'm looking at.  Maybe it
will be possible to extract something from the #P lines and convert it
to pseudo #L lines that can be used.  }:-)

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die