[TUHS] Old 386 Unix Versions, was: Re: PCC for the i386

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Wed Jul 17 22:50:44 AEST 2019

Hi,

Am 17.07.2019 um 14:32 schrieb Ben Greenfield via TUHS <tuhs at minnie.tuhs.org>:
> On Jul 17, 2019, at 5:28 AM, Arrigo Triulzi <arrigo at alchemistowl.org> wrote:
>> Does anyone have documentation or history for European efforts in the Unix-like operating systems? For example there was Bull’s Chorus which I seem to recall was based on Mach or a competing microkernel (it was a very long time ago and I used it for no mare than about two hours..).
>
> I know that it didn’t run Unix but I believe Nixdorf Computer was the large computer company at that time.

There was also Sinix from Siemens that was derived from Reliant Unix:
  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SINIX
  https://web.archive.org/web/20120324121229/http://maben.homeip.net/static/S100/siemens/rmunix

Unfortunately I didn’t have had much exposure to it and don’t own any install media or such :-/

Best regards

  — Dago