[TUHS] CMU Mach sources?

Arthur Krewat krewat at kilonet.net
Tue Jun 25 22:11:47 AEST 2019

There's nothing like sitting in a room listening to your elders argue
over minutiae. Or huge issues such as code cleanliness ;)

I didn't even graduate high school, but one of the first things my
mentor/boss did before I started working for him as a consultant was to
comment, and write clean code. And that was on TOPS-10, using MACRO-10.

I've recently been exposed to a grad student's C++ code, and between no
error checking and outright lack of formatting or any other care in the
world for "clean" code, his stuff is atrocious. His casts from one type
to another to another to another through nested function calls makes my
skin crawl.

ak