[TUHS] Recovered /etc/passwd files

Vincenzo Nicosia katolaz at freaknet.org
Thu Oct 10 16:31:18 AEST 2019

On Thu, Oct 10, 2019 at 10:04:12AM +1100, Dave Horsfall wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Oct 2019, Nigel Williams wrote:
>
> > <nw at retrocomputingtasmania.com> wrote:
> > > ZghOT0eRm4U9s:p/q2-q4!
> >
> > BTW, is that a chess move?
>
> Looks like Queen's Gambit (remember the Chess machine?).  I never did figure
> out how to counter it, being a King's Gambit bod (although I'm coming to
> grips with the Spanish Defence).

Sorry for being pedantic, but that's just the first move in the
Queen's pawn game. Whether it might become a Queen's gambit or one of
the other hundreds of possible openings starting like that, well,
depends only on where the two players decide to go afterwards ;)

The "!" at the end indicates that the move is considered "strong", or
giving an immediate slight advantage, and is normally read aloud with
a slight grin in your face...

Being a Semi-Slav player as black, I would have probably used "!?"
instead of "!", thus providing a fairer assessment of "p/q2-q4" and
automatically keeping Ken's password safe for much longer ;P

HND