[TUHS] where are v7 manual scans? license details?

Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Fri Oct 11 03:28:20 AEST 2019

On Thu, Oct 10, 2019 at 9:19 AM <reed at reedmedia.net> wrote:

> I am surprised to not find any scans of early (pre-1980) Seventh Edition
> Unix Programmer's Manual. Does anyone have any? (We do have the source
> files and I see volume 2 manual scanned from  later years.)

Bell Labs published the V7 manuals with HRW publishing. Copies are
available on eBay. I recently got Volume 1 and 2 copies of Volume 2.  The
publication date is 1983...  Cool to have, but not as cool as an artifact
of the original manual :) Some sellers have them for $75, but I got my
copies for like $10 each...

Warner