[TUHS] congratulations to Warner on a great talk

Arrigo Triulzi arrigo at alchemistowl.org
Thu Sep 26 01:32:24 AEST 2019

On 25 Sep 2019, at 17:26, Warner Losh <imp at bsdimp.com> wrote:
> I would love to find that as well... At least one person came up to me after the talk and told me about a set of Onyx Z8000 System III manuals he had that we're making arrangements to find a good home (like maybe mine). Future versions of this talk will likely include a plea for people to contact me with historic artifacts so I might be able to copy them…

Wait! I /have/ those: that’s the first Unix system we had at home (as opposed to having to dial into the university). It used to sit on its pedestal under my uncle’s home office table (how he worked with that noise I have no idea), I need to dig them up from my dad’s cellar but I am certain we have them, probably also some tapes. The machine is, sadly, long gone. I have fond memories of vi & C on that machine typing on my very own Italian ADM 3A clone instead of having to share dad’s TTY and modem.

Arrigo