[TUHS] Recovered!!! The Georgia Tech Software Tools Subystemfor Prime Computers

arnold at skeeve.com arnold at skeeve.com
Thu Sep 26 16:27:34 AEST 2019

Lars Brinkhoff <lars at nocrew.org> wrote:

> Jason Stevens wrote:
> > Oh well, I guess it’s not possible to distribute the emulator?
>
> From what I hear, the main problem is that it's not possible to
> distribute PRIMOS.  Which is a shame; it does have Emacs so it must be a
> nice operating system.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

It was bizarre and ugly.  The only thing that made it anywhere
near usable were the Software Tools.

There's a reason Prime died pretty quickly once Unix started to
spread.  The architecture also was strange; the characters used
mark parity (8th bit always on).

My 2 cents.

Arnold