[TUHS] Poll: good location for Unix documentation?

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Mon Sep 30 04:53:20 AEST 2019

    > From: Warren Toomey

    > All, I'm just musing where is the best place to store Unix
    > documentation. My Unix Archive is really just a filesystem, so it's not
    > so good to capture and search metadata.
    > Is anybody using archive.org, gunkies or something else

BitSavers seems to be the canonical location for old computer documentation.

The CHWiki (gunkies.org) isn't really the best place to put original documentation,
but that's where I'd recommend putting meta-data. As for searching meta-data, are
you speaking of something more powerful than Google?

    Noel

PS: Speaking of old Unix documentation, I recently acquired a paper copy of the
PDP-11 V6 Unix manual. Is that something I should scan? I don't know if you
already have it (I know where to find sources in the archives, but I don't
know where documentation scans live.)