[TUHS] The origin of Goto considered harmful?

Steffen Nurpmeso steffen at sdaoden.eu
Sat Dec 5 02:02:22 AEST 2020

Bakul Shah wrote in
 <30EBC7A6-4527-4FDC-9FCB-B262DBA4F893 at iitbombay.org>:
 |Last night I stumbled upon this speech by Doug McIlroy at Dijkstra's \
 |retirement banquet @ UT Austin where he tells the story of his first \
 |encounter with EWD and the origins of programming without goto.... \
 |Given that we recently had a discussion on "Goto considered harmful", \
 |you all may enjoy it. Make sure you watch the start of part 10 as well \
 |as that is where the story ends.
 |
 |https://youtu.be/5OUPBwrufKA?list=PL328C7EFFC1F41674&t=326

An intracardiac heart injection of adrenaline!
(Later medical studies seem to contradict the original thinking of
its usefulness i have heard (a bit).)

  #?141|kent:plan9port.git$ git grep goto master|wc -l
  echo 2MzQ1Mwo= | openssl base64 -d

(Obscured for the highly sensitive (the "h" in "tuhs") among the
audience.)

 --End of <30EBC7A6-4527-4FDC-9FCB-B262DBA4F893 at iitbombay.org>

--steffen