[TUHS] V9 shell [was Re: Warner's Early Unix Presentation]

Kurt H Maier khm at sciops.net
Wed Feb 12 04:22:38 AEST 2020

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 06:05:01PM +0100, Steffen Nurpmeso wrote:

> I cannot imagine any other real step forward but control-by-
> thought, aka brain computer interfaces.

I can't even trust computers to do the right thing with input specially
crafted for the program I'm using.  There is no way in hell I'm turning
it loose on a direct neural interface.  Software engineering, as a
discipline, is going to require a lot more actual discipline before
neural interfaces become anything but fuel for a dystopian hellscape.

I'm not saying we can't get there.  I'm saying we're not headed in that
direction so far.

khm