[TUHS] Video service on FreeBSD (was: Also, a video service)

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at lemis.com
Fri Feb 14 09:43:58 AEST 2020

On Sunday,  9 February 2020 at 22:09:47 -0800, jason-tuhs at shalott.net wrote:

>>> All, I've also set this up to try out for the video chats:
>>> https://meet.tuhs.org/COFF
>>> Password to join is "unix" at the moment.
>
>> Just tried it out.  On FreeBSD I get a blank grey screen.  I could
>> only get something more on a Microsoft box, not quite what I'd want to
>> do.  Is there some trick?
>
> * Install /usr/ports/net-im/jitsi.  (Comment out the BROKEN line from the
> Makefile and "make install" should work as usual; the source can actually
> be fetched just fine...)

In fact, the package was indeed unfetchable, but the ports collection
had a cached version, which is what you got.  But now I've brought it
up to date (only 2 years old rather than 4).

> * kldload cuse
>
> * Run firefox and surf to that URL.

I haven't found that necessary.  In fact, installing jitsi doesn't
seem to be necessary.  All you need is a more recent browser than the
antiques I was running.

Greg
--
Sent from my desktop computer.