[TUHS] screen editors / machine load

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Sat Jan 11 01:35:26 AEST 2020

    > When Bernie Greenberg did EMACS for Multics, he had a similar issue. I
    > recall reading a document with an extensive discussion of how they dealt
    > with this ... If anyone's really interested in this, and can't find it
    > themselves, I can try looking for it.

I got a request for this; a Web search turned up:

  https://www.multicians.org/mepap.html

which covers the points I mentioned (and more besides, such as why LISP was
chosen). I don't think this is the thing I remembered (which was, IIRC, an
informal note), but it does seem to be a later version of that.

	 Noel