[TUHS] screen editors

Nemo Nusquam cym224 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 11 01:31:11 AEST 2020

On 01/10/20 03:13, markus schnalke wrote (in part):
> Hoi.
[...]
> Anyways, I'm having a great pleasure reading those historic
> spotlights on editors these days. :-)
In earlier days, my wife was given email by telnetting to an SGI system
and using elm.  One day, I visited her office as she was composing a
message.  Intrigued, I asked her what the editor was. She did not know
and pointed to her cheat-sheet listing editor commands.  One was ^X^C to
exit-and-send.  She is not a programmer and I was a bit surprised at
their choice.

N.