[TUHS] "What UNIX Cost Us"

Steffen Nurpmeso steffen at sdaoden.eu
Sun Jan 19 06:34:22 AEST 2020

Rich Morin wrote in <5A5107E4-06AD-4C2B-B590-15C17B301D44 at cfcl.com>:
 |FWIW, I found this talk to be quite amusing and interesting.

 |"What UNIX Cost Us" - Benno Rice (LCA 2020)
 |https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-IWMbJXoLM

That is the one who mutilated the FreeBSD fortune program no?
(Despite it saying

  The potentially offensive fortunes are installed by default on FreeBSD
  systems.  If you're absolutely, *positively*, without-a-shadow-of-a-doubt
  sure that your user community goes berzerk/sues your pants off/drops dead
  upon reading one of them, edit the Makefile in the subdirectory datfiles,
  and do "make all install".)

Nothing but a hollow lie ever since!

--steffen