[TUHS] Apollo Domain/OS

Dan Cross crossd at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 07:28:16 AEST 2020

To my knowledge, there was never a link between Plan 9 and Domain/OS.

As I understood it, Domain/OS was more influenced by Multics and maybe the
Pr1me machines than anything else. Plan 9 came from the Unix heritage (and
thus had Multics as a grandparent, in a manner of speaking).

If there was any connection at all, I suspect it was tenuous and more in
the form of an indirect influence, such as an idea someone got from a paper
or something like that.

        - Dan C.