[TUHS] v7 uucp debugging help requested

Michael Usher musher at ucsc.edu
Mon Jul 6 17:11:33 AEST 2020

I actually like ed and sam.  I find it "soothing" to be able to manipulate
text almost "programmatically"....

As an undergrad at USyd EE Dept, the VT100s in the computer lab were often
all taken, but there were a few LA30s still hooked up and no-one wanted to
use them.  I learned how to optimally enter, compile and debug code through
a paper interface.  It was VMS of course at EE, but when I started using
the Unix systems at CS a year later, the 11/750 was so heavily loaded that
"ed" was the best choice for getting assignments done quickly.  Line
editors were also much more pleasant to use over slow modem connections.  I
had a 28.8k modem but the dialup pool rarely got you a high speed
connection...

But back to the original topic...  Has the MHSnet code made it into the
public domain?

Michael

--
Michael Usher