[TUHS] v7 uucp debugging help requested

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Tue Jul 7 07:18:55 AEST 2020

On Mon, 6 Jul 2020, Clem Cole wrote:

> I always recommend doing the exercises in Rob and Brian's UPE on ed
> because then everything else makes sense, like sed or any other editor.
>  Plus you get the advantage you point out, and the reality is that so
> many simpler editors (like edlin) have similar functionality, it means
> you can get something done, just about anywhere.

There was also the client we had in PNG, where access was via a flakey
1200 modem i.e. no error correction, and VI was out of the question.

I learned to use ED when V5 first appeared (down-under) in the 70s (it was
the *only* editor) and I'm glad that I did.

I must grab a copy of UPE and read it again, just for old times' sake.

-- Dave