[TUHS] v7 uucp debugging help requested

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Tue Jul 7 07:47:49 AEST 2020

On Mon, Jul 6, 2020 at 5:19 PM Dave Horsfall <dave at horsfall.org> wrote:

> There was also the client we had in PNG, where access was via a flakey
> 1200 modem i.e. no error correction, and VI was out of the question.

The old 'o' command (which does the same as 'vi' in vim) was designed for
that situation, provided your terminal isn't a printing one.  A one-line
window is cheap enough; backspace and carriage-return give you
everything you need.

The Imperials are decadent, 300 pound free-range chickens (except they have
teeth, arms instead of wings, and dinosaurlike tails).  --Elyse Grasso