[TUHS] SDB debugger

Henry Bent henry.r.bent at gmail.com
Mon May 4 03:13:24 AEST 2020

On Sun, 3 May 2020 at 12:14, Clem Cole <clemc at ccc.com> wrote:

> By MIPS/Alpha in the mid-late 90's there was a whole new debugger stream
> that had been developed at part of GEM, but there was another one that came
> from MIPs too which was based on dbx.

This raises a question I've always had - what was the relationship between
DEC's compilers on MIPS/Alpha and the work the MIPS folks did?  Early
versions of OSF/1 on both platforms have tools that are very, very similar
to the MIPS compiler suite - ugen, uopt, two-pass assembler, etc. - and
I've always been curious what the heritage was there.

-Henry