[TUHS] v7 K&R C

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Tue May 12 04:37:12 AEST 2020

On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 2:25 PM Paul Winalski <paul.winalski at gmail.com>
wrote:

> This ought to be easy to fix using a compiler command line option for
> the legacy behavior.  Many C compilers do this already to support K&R
> semantics vs. standard C semantics.

Hrrrumph

Point taken but ...

C++ is an example in my mind of not listening to Dennis' words:

   - “C is quirky, flawed, and an enormous success.”
   <https://www.inspiringquotes.us/quotes/2Rki_bGM7zqTA>
   - “When I read commentary about suggestions for where C should go, I
   often think back and give thanks that it wasn't developed under the advice
   of a worldwide crowd.”
   <https://www.inspiringquotes.us/quotes/eDQR_hqwtHAC9>
   - “A language that doesn't have everything is actually easier to program
   in than some that do”
   <https://www.inspiringquotes.us/quotes/R86z_ybYw9JTS>