[TUHS] Latest 2.9BSD and 2.11BSD

Warren Toomey wkt at tuhs.org
Fri May 29 07:49:54 AEST 2020

On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 10:40:55AM -0600, Warner Losh wrote:
>    Greetings,
>    What's the canonical source for patches to 2.9BSD and 2.11BSD?

Steven Schultz is still the canonical source for 2.11BSD patches. He
sends them to me and I add them to the TUHS archive.

Recently I asked him to roll a new install tape which had all the patches
applied, at https://www.tuhs.org/Archive/Distributions/UCB/2.11BSD_patch457

>    I see we have 2.11BSD patch 469 dated last month in the archive. Where
>    does it come from? Has anybody climbed the hill to import all the
>    patches into a git repo?

I know somebody tried a while back and reported here. They found it wasn't
possible to apply all the patches sequentially. I'd have to go look in
the mail archive for details.

Maybe it's time for someone else to have a go!

Cheers, Warren