[TUHS] Lions notes, early history

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Tue Nov 3 00:26:51 AEST 2020

Andrew - can't speak for the original, but the BTL version was red and
orange and was perfect bound.  But, I was not on 11x17 - it must have been
printed on A3 paper, as copying was always a little funny (maybe it was on
traditional 'green bar' size 14 7/8 x 11 - I don't remember - but my copy
of the original was on US 11x17).

Ordering it originally was difficult.   I remember that we tried to order a
copy for Tektronix in the summer/fall of 1979 because I had my n-th
generation xerographic copy that I had brought from CMU and Tek wanted to
legitimate copy.  IIRC, I wrote the PO request and it bounced back from Tek
purchasing because it had been denied by somebody at AT&T.  We had to call
the right person (Al Arms if memory serves me), and then I had the restart
on the Tek side, but we did eventually get an official version - which
as on my desk for a few years [Of course, we immediately made more copies
-- I think I made them for Steve Glaser, Mike Zuhl, Ward Cunningham and
possibly Jon if he did not yet have a copy from his BTL days].

When I left Tek I gave the original Tektronix copy of the two books to
Terry Laskodi.  I have wondered what happened to that copy after he
tragically died in the early 1980s.  I fear it was tossed by someone that
had no idea what its value was.

Clem