[TUHS] 516-TSS Documents

Dennis Boone drb at msu.edu
Mon Nov 23 14:00:45 AEST 2020

 > 516-TSS is a little-known but groundbreaking and influential
 > operating system that was developed at Bell Telephone Laboratories.

Can you put any dates to the creation / development of this system?
Even some estimate of its maturity when you first saw it would be of
interest.

There was a timeshared os for the Series 16 developed by a group at Tech
Square, I think the NASA center that was there, late '60s.  It involved
some custom memory mapping hardware.  The os became the basis of Prime's
offering in the early 70s.

De