[TUHS] Zombified SCO comes back from the dead, brings trial back to life against IBM

Josh Good pepe at naleco.com
Sat Apr 3 01:25:25 AEST 2021

On 2021 Apr  2, 10:17, Steve Nickolas wrote:

> A license to use code copyrighted by Caldera is meaningless if the code is
> NOT copyrighted by Caldera, but by Novell (as has been established in a
> court of law).

Indeed.

> I think this is why, although some of the BSDs did reintegrate the 32V and
> V7 stuff, others stayed clear.  There's enough of a cloud over the release
> that it's still not really safe.

Let no one think they are free from Caldera/TSG/XinuOS money thirst. As long
as they remain "alive", they will drag to court anyone with enough money to
milk in the BSD/Unix/Linux ecosystem.

Think I'm being too dramatic?

Well, consider this old news from 2003:

	Why SCO will Soon be Going After BSD
	Submitted by Alex Alvarez 2003-11-18 SCO 85 Comments

	“Since they cannot show infringement of SCO Unix code, SCO now plans
	to challenge the 9-year-old settlement between AT&T and BSD. If it
	can successfully do that, then its claims that Linux contains
	tainted code can be substantiated. If it can’t, SCO is dead meat.”
	Says NewsForge.

	*Updated*More SCO news: SCO is planning to block Novell’s
	acquisition of SUSE Linux on the grounds that it has a non-compete
	agreement with Novell dating back to its purchase of Unix.

https://www.osnews.com/story/5169/why-sco-will-soon-be-going-after-bsd/

BSD people be aware: XinuOS has you next in their hit list.

Zombified money-sucking vampires, they will not stop until they are put to
rest for good.

--
Josh Good