[TUHS] (no printed copy) (was (no subject))

Nemo Nusquam cym224 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 23:51:27 AEST 2021

On 2021-04-08 01:32, Dave Horsfall wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Apr 2021, Norman Wilson wrote (in part):
>
>> I'm not sure why people, even in a group devoted to history like
>> ours, focus so much on whether a journal is issued in print or only
>> electronically.  The latter has become more and more common.
>
> Well, curling up in bed with a good PDF just doesn't quite feel the
> same...  It's also handy in a waiting room (no battery to go flat and
> not having to rely upon a WiFi connection) and also when waiting for
> the local bus.

In this informal survey, I side with Dave, though I prefer to read in my
comfy well-lit chair with tea/coffee/cocoa.  (A very similar thread was
aired on MO last year.)

>> On one hand, I too find that if something is available only
>> electronically I'm more likely to put off reading it, probably
>> because back issues don't pile up as visibly.
I fully concur -- I tend to completely forget about them.  Have
advertisers actually tracked how many readers look at their ads in print
vs. digital?

N.