[TUHS] Typing tutors

Steve Nickolas usotsuki at buric.co
Mon Feb 8 15:33:16 AEST 2021

On Sun, 7 Feb 2021, Erik E. Fair wrote:

> The first Apple Desktop Bus (ADB) keyboard was for the Apple IIgs:
>
> https://deskthority.net/wiki/Apple_Desktop_Bus_Keyboard
>
> and that lead to the same keyboard layout for the Mac II ADB keyboards (the
> Mac 128K, Fat Mac, and Mac Plus did not use ADB for their keyboards):
>
> https://deskthority.net/wiki/Apple_M0116
>
> That was the last Apple keyboard with the Control and Escape keys in the
> correct positions, particularly for those of us using Macs as terminals to
> Unix systems.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Keyboard (a reasonably full history).

I have an Apple Keyboard II, an M0487. The layout is kinda braindead,
though good enough for its purpose, given that I only have the Mac it's
connected to because I need a host for the //e card.

I prefer the actual //e layout. That's pretty close to the M layout, but
~` is on the bottom about where Left Windows is on modern keyboards, and
ESC, Ctrl and Caps Lock are where you guys would probably expect them. ;)

But I don't really mind Ctrl in the corners.

-uso.