[TUHS] Typing tutors

Will Senn will.senn at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 01:54:38 AEST 2021

On 2/7/21 11:33 PM, Steve Nickolas wrote:
>  have an Apple Keyboard II, an M0487. The layout is kinda braindead,
> though good enough for its purpose, given that I only have the Mac
> it's connected to because I need a host for the //e card.
>
> I prefer the actual //e layout. That's pretty close to the M layout,
> but ~` is on the bottom about where Left Windows is on modern
> keyboards, and ESC, Ctrl and Caps Lock are where you guys would
> probably expect them. ;)
>
> But I don't really mind Ctrl in the corners.
>
> -uso.

I have a //e, I can't stand the layout :) - foreign to my PC & Modern
Mac experience. I keep hitting Caps Lock instead of control and delete
doesn't work - it's left arrow?! But I definitely like the way they
feel. Very satisfying to get feedback on the key presses, reminds me of
the IBM PC. I'm no fan of my macs' chicklets, but I'm used to them and
they're worth the tradeoff of having macness over non-macness. My
favorite keyboard though, amongst my current hardware, is my Lenovo T430
Thinkpad, clean and clear and not mushy at all - too bad it's not a mac.