[TUHS] Typing tutors

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Tue Feb 9 08:20:42 AEST 2021

On Sat, 6 Feb 2021, John Cowan wrote:

> > I'm probably a youngster in this crowd (no, I'm not calling you old
> > farts, more like people with a long history I respect and am willing
> > to learn from).

> In computer circles, that is what "old fart" means.

I know that I'm gonna be outclassed here, but I taught myself BASIC,
ALGOL, and FORTRAN (ugh! well, it was WATFOR then WATFIV) from my school
days in the late 60s onwards.

COBOL tried to be drilled into me, but I firmly rejected it (but for some
odd reason I still know it, but deny all knowledge of it).

-- Dave