[TUHS] Fwd: [multicians] History of C (with Multics reference)

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Wed Feb 17 14:14:03 AEST 2021

On Tue, 16 Feb 2021, John Cowan wrote:

> In particular, doing gotos by assigning to a variable is very old-school
> APL.

I spent a fun year with APL\360 in CompSci, but could you please elaborate
on that?  I know; this is an ASCII window on my MacBook so you won't be
able to show the code :-)

ObOF: Some joker once pinned an 80-column card with APL on it (yes, it can
be done) with a job card behind it to the Computer Centre's notice board;
under it was the inscription "Who said that APL programs weren't
transparent?"

-- Dave, who enjoyed that write-only language