[TUHS] 386BSD released

Nelson H. F. Beebe beebe at math.utah.edu
Sat Jul 17 03:30:06 AEST 2021

List members under this subject line have contributed reminders of
older efforts in the sharing of software, predating Linux, the Free
Software Foundation, the GNU Project, and the BSD Unix family.

Starting at the string "begin historical remarks" in the preamble
comments of

	http://www.math.utah.edu/pub/tex/bib/gnu.bib
	http://www.math.utah.edu/pub/tex/bib/gnu.html

I record things that I've encountered over decades in computing, going
back to Charles Babbage in 1830 and Joseph Henry in 1849, jumping to
IBM SHARE in 1955, and onward.

As usual in our bibliography archives, *.html files look similar on
screen to *.bib files, but have live hyperlinks.

Comments, corrections, improvements, etc. on that history are welcome.

Babbage's own works are covered at

	http://www.math.utah.edu/pub/bibnet/authors/b/babbage-charles.bib
	http://www.math.utah.edu/pub/bibnet/authors/b/babbage-charles.html

and those of his collaborator at