[TUHS] 386BSD released

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Sat Jul 17 07:22:38 AEST 2021

On Wed, 14 Jul 2021, Dave Horsfall wrote:

> In 1992, 386BSD is released by Lynne and William Jolitz, starting the
> open source operating system movement (Linux didn't come along under
> later).

Seems to have caused a "discussion", so...

     https://www.onthisday.com/day/july/14

``1992 386BSD is released by Lynne Jolitz and William Jolitz,
   starting the open source operating system revolution. Linus Torvalds
   release "Linux" soon afterwards''

If anything thinks this is incorrect then feel free to submit a correction;
I have more important things to do right now.

-- Dave