[TUHS] tabs vs spaces - entab, detab

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Sun Mar 7 06:51:44 AEST 2021

One place I worked even had their Xterms set to 4 spaces; it caused a lot
of grief when I imported some software from a previous employer which had
tabs every 8 spaces (don't ask).

However, I'm now a 4-space person, but with hard tabs set where they are
supposed to be so I use a mixture of ^T/^D etc.

That said, I also have the view that if your code needs to be indented so
much then it probably ought to be split out into functions; there's that
old aphorism about a single page of code...

-- Dave