[TUHS] non-UNIX timesharing at Bell Labs ca 1972?

Dan Halbert halbert at halwitz.org
Fri Mar 12 01:26:11 AEST 2021

In 1972, while in high school, I went to an Intel seminar on the 8008.
There I met a Bell Labs scientist who gave me a sample 8008 and invited
me for a visit at some NJ Bell Labs facility. That group had a
timesharing system of some kind, but it was not Unix. I was also given a
Bell Labs speech synthesis kit after meeting one of the speech
scientists who happened to be in on the same Saturday. I have searched
my attic but can't find further details. Would any of you alumni recall
what this other timesharing system might have been?

Dan