[TUHS] Surprised about Unix System V in the 80's - so sparse!

Larry McVoy lm at mcvoy.com
Thu Mar 18 07:26:18 AEST 2021

On Wed, Mar 17, 2021 at 09:33:37PM +0100, Josh Good wrote:
> And that's it. The communications part only deals the Micnet (a serial-port
> based local networking scheme), and UUCP. No mention at all of the words
> "Internet" or "TCP/IP", no even in the Index.

SCO got Lachman's TCP/IP stack (that they bought from Convergent) just
after this timeframe.  I know because I did the port.  Also open sourced
a sw (STREAMS watch) program I wrote so you could tune the kernel (kernel
defaults yielded horrible performance).  I still have that code if anyone
cares, can't imagine it is interesting.