[TUHS] Surprised about Unix System V in the 80's - so sparse!

Jim Capp jcapp at anteil.com
Thu Mar 18 07:08:57 AEST 2021

Josh,

The appeal was that SCO Xenix would turn a PC into a multi-user machine. For me, that meant shared databases and shared applications. We would run anywhere from 3 to a dozen or more "dumb" terminals.

Unlike a DOS PC, SCO Xenix included most of the UNIX tools. At one time, it even included PWB.

Just like a DOS based PC, applications like Word Perfect and Lotus 123 were available (for a price).

My $.02

Jim