[TUHS] H.J. Lu Bootable Root & Base System disks

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Thu May 27 00:57:12 AEST 2021

On Wed, May 26, 2021 at 3:45 AM Jason Stevens <
jsteve at superglobalmegacorp.com> wrote:

> It took me years of on and off to finally figure out what the heck a Tahoe
> even was.
>

> Spoiler for anyone who wasn’t there when it happened it’s a Harris HCX-9.

Hmm - that may be a private label from Harris, but the Tahoe was the
development name for the CCI Power 6/32 machine from Rochester, NY.  There
had been some level of desire by the Arpa steering committee to have CSRG
work with something other than DEC as a reference.   Since Bill had gone to
Sun by then (from the outside looking at that point) there seemed like
there was concern about looking too friendly to anyone manufacturer such as
Sun to an extent has CSRG had been with DEC.  What I don't know is if CSRG
picked it or the Steering Committee did, I would >>guess<< the later.

Clem
ᐧ