[TUHS] How to use Dennis v6?

Saif Resun saif.resun at outlook.com
Thu May 20 04:25:37 AEST 2021

Hello there I’m Resun a teenaged programmer who knows nothing about past days.

Here Index of /Archive/Distributions/Research/Dennis_v6 (tuhs.org)<https://www.tuhs.org/Archive/Distributions/Research/Dennis_v6/> there are some compressed file of v6 Unix.

And here’s SETTING UP UNIX - Sixth Edition (tuhs.org)<https://www.tuhs.org/Archive/Distributions/Research/Documentation/v6_setup.html> a documentation about how to set it up.

But the documentation is not for me I mean I don’t understand what it’s saying. There are terms like “Mount magtape on drive 0 at load point”, “Mount formatted disk pack on drive 0.”, “Key in and execute at 100000” and lots of other stuffs that newbies like me don’t understand. Is there any easy documentation about it? Or any documentation that tells us what does those terms mean?

Please help me.
Thanks.