[TUHS] Book Recommendation

Tom Ivar Helbekkmo tih at hamartun.priv.no
Thu Nov 25 20:26:14 AEST 2021

Larry McVoy <lm at mcvoy.com> writes:

> SMIT - just say no.

I remember it being useful for one thing: when I was unsure of the
correct way to do some AIX specific operation, I could enter SMIT, get
to where it was ready to do it for me, and it would show me the command
line it was about to run.  Then I could reread the man page for that
command, knowing which options and parameters SMIT would use.  So as a
learning tool it wasn't all bad.

-tih
--
Most people who graduate with CS degrees don't understand the significance
of Lisp.  Lisp is the most important idea in computer science.  --Alan Kay