[TUHS] ATC/OSDI'21 joint keynote: It's Time for Operating Systems to Rediscover Hardware (Timothy Roscoe)

Larry McVoy lm at mcvoy.com
Fri Sep 17 11:28:47 AEST 2021

On Thu, Sep 16, 2021 at 06:10:11PM -0700, Jon Steinhart wrote:
> Was discussing this with someone the other day.  I'm glad that I have an
> engineering degree instead of a computer science degree.

I have and BS and MS in computer science, with most of a minor in
systems arch from the EE department (but not all, I did it for fun,
I should have finished it).

That said, when people ask me what I am, I say I'm an engineer.  And
proud of it, I love being an engineer, to me it just means you are
someone who figures stuff out.